My Constantly Evolving List of All-Time Favorites.

Kyle 's favorites books montage

Gone Girl
The Night Circus
The Woodcutter
The Graveyard Book
Galore
Sharp Objects
Dark Places
Shutter Island
The Passage
The Twelve
Rules of Civility
The Aviary
Divergent
Heir to the Glimmering World
Wool Omnibus
Neverwhere
The Weird Sisters
A Song of Ice and Fire
A Game of Thrones
Reamde


Kyle Uniss's favorite books »

Monday, December 30, 2013

End of 2013, beginning of a New Year

Well, it is the second to the last day of 2013, and, since I am traveling tomorrow (home from Arizona), I'm going to write today. I have not been very active on here lately; been thinking about how to re-tool and change up what I'm doing here. Also, I had to finish my 150 book challenge for 2013, which I did. I did not finish pretty, reading some Kindle singles that I didn't really want to count, but I had to finish just so it wasn't hanging over my head, you know? I read some great books, some not-so-great books, and some great singles!

There are a couple of things I would like to put onto paper (screen?) before the year is done. First off, concerning my blog and the changes I plan to implement. I'm going to stick to a schedule. I would like to blog to you all three times a week, maybe a kid's book day, an adult book day, and a free day (Kindle single, a cookbook, maybe a non-fiction book?). That's my plan.

The other is my challenge to myself, and to you, reader, to read America back and forth with me. I'm going to try to find the best fiction set in each state, starting with Maine, and read it. Down the Eastern Seaboard, up-and-down the U.S. until Alaska. And then back to Maine. That should be 102, including D.C. Although, time permitting, I would also like to hit Puerto Rico, Guam and the U.S. Virgin Islands. We'll see where we land and if there is time.

So there it is. For the next few days I'm going to highlight my favorites of the year; some books I  have blogged, but some will be new. I have had a great 2013, and here's to an awesome 2014!!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment